Tuesday, October 15, 2013

To Make You Feel My Love

I read a news story recently that got me thinking about the different ways I typically show my love for Dusty and the ways he shows his love for me.

Typically, I show my love by writing cute notes or cooking his favorite meals, or more commonly by trying to make him laugh as I prance about shouting, "I LOVE YOU!!!" around our house or yard.

Typically, he shows his love for me by doing unexpected housework or taking care of my car, but he has been known to be a flower ninja every once in awhile, too.  :-)

Neither of us generally operates in grand, over-the-top gestures when showing our love for one another when I really stopped and thought about it, and I began to wonder - do other couples show their love for one another through the everyday small things like we do, or are more people acting out the divine to show their love?

Take Paul Derthick, of Ohio, for example. He and his wife have been married for 50 years!!! I'm guessing he didn't feel that the annual greeting card was going to cut it this year, so he went big or went home !


This particular corn maze = my mind is blown.
Paul and his children recreated his official wedding portrait complete with the church where they were married and the antique tractor they use on their farm. This bad boy is 17 acres of land!!!! That's huge! Not to mention - how in the world did they check their work along the way to make sure they were accurately recreating this portrait?!?!?!? Again, my mind is blown. I am equally blown away that they were able to keep this ginormous tribute a surprise!!! In case my mind wasn't already blown beyond comprehension, they constructed the entire thing in ONE DAY!!!! Say WHAT?!?!? You can read more about this story here and here.


So how about you? How do you typically show your love? Small gestures? Sillyness? Grand gestures? Do you save it all for the holidays? We'd love to hear from you!

Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment