Sunday, July 28, 2013

Emotion In Motion

The thing I treasure most in our DVD collection is our wedding video, although I wouldn't expect anyone to be surprised by that.  Dusty and I were definitely in the "budget" category when it came to our special day, but we were okay with that because at the end of it all, we were going to be married regardless of whether it cost $100 or $1,000,000 to get us there, and that was what was most important to us.

All that to say, while our wedding video would most likely never win any Oscars, it was perfect for us - we were so grateful to find someone to capture our special day with the type of budget we were working with (hey, if you've been there, you know you have to make some cuts somewhere).  All I really wanted from our wedding video was the capture the emotion in motion, and you know what?  That's exactly what happened.

We didn't need an award-winning cinematographer to make our day look special to us - it was already the best day of our lives, and seeing any memories or mementos from our wedding day takes us right back there to the emotions we felt.  We were so happy and I can't count or tell you the number of times Dusty or I said to one another, "Man, today has been PERFECT."  Dusty even said to me while dancing during our reception, "Honey, I just have to say thank you for all your hard work because I really don't think today could have ever been any better."  There's no compliment that I could have gotten that was better than that.  It only slightly beat out the multiple times one or more of our guests came up to us and said how much fun they were having or that our wedding was truly a reflection of us.

Either way, I can't show our whole wedding video to you because I doubt anyone would want to sit at their computer for more than an hour, and I wouldn't tie up your lives like that.  (If you know us personally and want to see it, let us know and we'll have you on over for a popcorn and movie night!)  :)

Instead, I'll leave you with our video trailer, since it is our first anniversary and all, and seeing it makes me happy all over again.


Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment