Friday, July 12, 2013

Today I'm Thankful For...


Word.

Well, we can start with the obvious, right?  :)  I am happy it's Friday.  For one, it's been a very good week at work, and I've found that this week absolutely FLEW by!  It sure was busy, but I still can't believe July is half-way over!

I'm also thankful for a little journey I'll be making tomorrow.  Where am I going?  South (of course).  In just a few short weeks, one of the ladies I love in my life will be making her way down the aisle to marry the love of her life!  I'm so honored that she chose me to stand beside her on her wedding day, and of course, I chose her to stand beside me on mine!

I LOVE HER!

NO, REALLY!  I DO!

Mere is one of the best people in the universe!  She's a Southern darling and she perfectly embodies the spirit of the South - she's kind, has that adorable Southern drawl, and she always knows how to make me laugh!  She is an insanely good compliment giver, and she typically blushes and says, "Awwwww!" when you try to give her one!  I'm so happy that she found the love of her life, and that is certainly something to celebrate, so I am making the journey to her sister's house for her bachelorette celebration!  I'm excited to meet some of the other bridesmaids that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting, and it will be good to see Mere again, too - heck, I haven't gotten to see her since our wedding!!!!  That's just crazy talk!

This was us at my bachelorette celebration!  So fun!

I am excited to celebrate this special time in her life, and I can only hope and pray that she and her future hubby are as blessed as Dusty and I have been!  I can't promise that things will always go their way, but I can promise to always be there for them and to uplift and encourage them in their walk in marriage!  I love that she has always been there for me...there has never been a time too bad where she didn't send me love and encouragement! She is a true friend, and I am so happy for her!  I'll be sure to update after I return home, and then before too long, it will be her BIG DAY!

So,  here's to all of you!  May you have a safe, fun, and happy weekend!  TGIF!!!!
Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment