Sunday, July 28, 2013

One Year Ago Today....


I was surrounded by my closest family and friends....


I got to have my hair and makeup professionally done (by hair and makeup goddesses, no less!) and I got to wear the most beautiful dress I'd ever seen (one I'd wear every single day if I could)...
 





I got to feel like a total princess for a day...

 
I got to walk down an aisle with my mom since my dad was joining us from Heaven...
 


I took my last steps as a single woman, and I did so towards the most handsome man I've ever had the privilege of knowing and that my eyes had ever had the honor of seeing...


There were beautiful songs sung by people we love....


 
There were beautiful words read by my very first friend of this world...



There was a personal, perfect-for-us ceremony by one of our pastors...


There was the most important covenant made that will ever be made in our lifetimes, between God, husband, and wife...


There was a very special kiss...one that seemed a little different somehow...

 
There was a journey to the rest of our life together with my...wait for it....husband!
 

There were pictures taken which now adorn the walls of our first home together and remind us of the simply incredible friends we are so blessed to have...

 
 
 

 
There were some REALLY cute nieces and nephews...





There was FOOD that was to die for...



There was dancing....






 
 
There was laughter....



There were tears...

 

There was the most beautiful cake....


There was a venue that was a true labor of love to decorate, but once it was complete was just.so.us...
 


There was a full moon...


There were sparklers...


There was true, pure, unconditional love...


 
One year ago today, there simply was the Best Day Ever...

 

And ever since that day, I consider myself to be the luckiest girl alive. No matter the mountains or valleys of our journey, I am humbled beyond belief that God chose me to live this life, and that He made a man like my husband. 



I wake up every day mystified and blown away that my husband chose me.  I will never take that for granted, nor will I ever stop working to be the type of wife and woman that deserves all that I've been blessed with.

 

Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary, Dusty! 

I will never stop thanking God for leading us to one another and for letting us do life together!  I love you so very much, and as I tell you all the time, you are my favorite person in the entire world! 
You're my lobster, babe!

Love Always,
Your Wife, Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment