Monday, August 26, 2013

Go Ribs, It's Your Birthday...

"We gonna party like it's your birthday..." 

You know what you did.
You know you went there, too! Ever since that song hit the scene, nobody's birthday has ever been quite the same. Well played, Fiddy, well played.

Today is the day I turn 29 years old, and I think I'm taking it very well.  I'll save the tears for next year when the big 3-0 hits.  That just seems more appropriate.

I've already done most of my celebrating with my family and my husband.  We went to lunch yesterday at my favorite Japanese hibachi and sushi restaurant in town, and that was a blast!  Don't believe me? Check out the photo evidence of said blast that was had by all. (Photo Credit for all photos: my sister, who was awesome enough to document the day.)

Our chef was AWESOME!  I love my father-in-law's face in this one! (His first time here!)

If you like your sushi, show it off! (Plus my pretty birthday flower.)
Oh man, I get to wear the chef's hat???  AWESOME.

Cleary, 29 hasn't changed how easily entertained I am! So professional here.
Then, everyone came back to our house for cake and presents and general hangout time.  This was a lot of fun because there haven't been too many times where my family and Dusty's family have gotten to relax and hang out!  So much fun!

My gorgeous mother-in-law and me!

I married a hunk.

My beautiful mom, me, and my gorgeous grandma!  Three generations!
All in all, here's what I know about getting older - you're blessed if it happens to you.  I know that the older you get, the more pain you'll most likely suffer, but on the flipside, the older you get, the more love, family, friends, memories, and good times you'll experience too!  Sign me up for that!

Here's to 29! May you be the best year of my twenties and will you lead me into my even better future thirties!  Thank you, Lord, for bringing me this far!  I can't wait to see what You're up to and all that You have planned for this life!

Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment