Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Do You Remember?

It's easy to let things that you "just know" fall by the wayside when you're busy and being pulled in a million different directions.  We all have those nuggets of wisdom in our heads that we pull out of the mental filing cabinet and apply to the various situations in our lives when they're relevant, but then we get caught up in the shuffle of life and back in the filing cabinet they go - locked away.

Something that I constantly need to remember is that God is in control of absolutely everything - He knows what will happen before it occurs and sometimes, He brings me in on that knowledge!  It really is awesome when I get that feeling that He is involving me in His plans.  In fact, one of the things that I love most about Him is that He never takes our relationship for granted.  He always makes time for me, He always pursues me, and He always remembers me, listens to me, and meets me where I am.  When I think about that, it makes me a little sad and disappointed in myself when I ponder the fact that I don't always reciprocate His kindness.  Sometimes a whole day will go by and I'll wonder, "Did I even take one second to stop and THANK HIM for all that He has given me?"  Guess what?  On some of those days, or many of those days if I'm honest, the answer is a resounding, "No."  But He loves me anyway.

Some days, I'll have an amazing day at work, and I fail to acknowledge that I only succeeded because of the gifts He gave me.  He is still happy for me and He still wants to be a part of my life.

Other times, I find that I am only reaching out to Him when I need something.  This has been done to me in different times in my life, and I remember how awful I felt when I realized that the majority of the interactions of those relationships were based solely on how I could be of help to them and not with any concern for me.  How unfair that I treat God that way!

I guess the point is, I need to remember that every day of my life, when I rely on myself, I limit myself to only having access to human power.  When I continue to pursue God and make our relationship a mutual one instead of a one-sided one, I have access to supernatural power!  When you look at it that way, and ask yourself which sounds better, it seems so very simple!

Bottom line, I always need to remind myself of the following nugget of wisdom:


No matter if my life is going beautifully or if I'm in a season of struggle, God is always there and He's always Lord, and I'm pretty confident that there is nothing more comforting than that!

Happy Hump Day, Everyone!!!


Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment