Thursday, September 5, 2013

Trying To Make Fitness Fun


The kind where I don't know that I'm working out, duh!  :)  Even though I know that I should be better about working out (if nothing else to help myself stay healthy during the aging process), I really loathe working out most of the time.  I don't know why you can't just look like a supermodel in one burst of effort in a workout - I can tell you more people would do it if it went down that way.

Currently, the only types of workouts that I partake in (inconsistently) are a Cardio Funk class at the local YMCA - awesome and so much fun when I can get myself there, the occasional walking/jogging around the neighborhood with my pups, the even more occasional 5K (this one kills me because who do I think I am, a runner???), and finally, hiking.

Needless to say, my fitness regimen leaves a lot to be desired.  I could go into the list of excuses reasons why it's difficult for me to work out, but I know that ultimately it would be pointless to tell you that I am not a morning person so early mornings don't work and I'm tired when I get home from work and prioritize getting household chores done over working out.  Do you see what I did there?

I have been really pleased that Dusty and I have been making more of an effort to hike lately because it is one form of working out that disguises itself as an enjoyable, leisurely strenuous nature walk.  We are certainly blessed with the nature in our area, and my favorite time to hike throughout the year is fall because we normally get a gorgeous display of colors when the leaves change.  It really is something to behold.  That, and it's cooler, so you are generally less of a sweaty beast. Can you tell that I'm excited for fall to get here???

We got together with one of the other couples from our {DUSTYRibs} small group (Chelsea and Tyler) on Labor Day and together, we drove to one of the most popular hiking spots in our area. It was hot, but not too hot, and there was a breeze!  Hooray! It was one of the best forms of working out because Chelsea and I could focus on breathing while Tyler and Dusty told us stories about all kinds of things while increasingly becoming more winded.  :)  Wife power for the win!  To be fair, it is really hard to be a hiker charged with entertainment, so they did a great job!

Our rewards were awesome views at the summit, pretty legit photo opportunities, and the ever-sexy jello legs coming down the mountain!  Win, win, and win!  Dusty and I loved the fellowship and the workout, and it was really a lot of fun!  I mean, check out our sweet photos and our super cute friends!




Check out the guns on these two!





Subway sandwich picnic = YES!!!! P.S. - Dusty may kill me for posting this one!




This view is amazing!  We felt literally on top of the world!

One of many water breaks on the climb back down!

What other forms of working out do you find fun?
Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment