Friday, September 6, 2013

Totes About Quotes!

I love how simple quotations can lift your spirit, lighten your load, and get you all pumped up!  Quotes (or any other form of inspiration) are some of the little things in life that rock my world!  Quotes are fine and dandy and all, but as with all things in life, we get so bogged down and busy that sometimes you can't remember exactly how one of your favorite quotes went or who said them.

Enter the best invention/business ever.

God bless you, Pinterest People!
Thanks to these fabulous and brilliant minds, we now have a way to keep all of our favorite inspirational quotes in one place!  I am such a super fan of Pinterest, and if you haven't tried it yet, you seriously are missing out.  I digress.

The latest words of wisdom that are currently lifting me up daily???


Not only did I get the idea for using a chalkboard as wall decor from Pinterest, but I also got the tutorial on how to create my glorious chalkboard using a thrift store picture (that was formerly an ugly dated print of a bird - sorry, bird lovers out there!) and chalkboard paint from Pinterest!  I am all about upcycling and giving old things new life, and the fact that this project set me back $12 versus the $59.99 that even discount stores wanted to charge me (for a SMALLER chalkboard,  no less) just made my wallet and my frugal husband heart smile!  This chalkboard lives in the entry hallway of my home.

In addition to giving me access to inspirational quotes, it has wished our furchildren Happy Birthday - yes, I am that person.  I can't lump my husband into the crazy dog parent category, but he loves me and my crazy, and agrees to indulge me in my insanity!


I have to say that I so enjoy being able to change out my wall art anytime I want!  From birthday wishes, to welcoming special guests in our home, to a new quote every week, I love the versatility that chalkboards provide.  For the past few weeks, I have found peace and encouragement in, "Don't shine so that others can see you.  Shine so that, through you, others can see Him!"  I love that message because many people today, even self-proclaimed Christians, do what they do to bring themselves fame instead of the One who so deserves it all.

While I'm always going to be totes about quotes, I can't wait to share some more Pinterest-inspired projects that I've been working on!  I love tackling DIY challenges, and there is such a long list of them that still need to be attempted in our home!
Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment