Monday, November 4, 2013

With A Grateful Heart - Day 4

DAY 4
Ahh, Mondays.  Sometimes, in the daily grind of life, it is really hard to be grateful on Mondays.  If anyone can admit that, it's me.  If you work in the corporate world like I do, Mondays usually include learning what fires came up over the weekend and need to be put out, and you have to plan your whole week.  You answer emails and phone calls.  You schedule meetings and reschedule meetings.  Sometimes, it's hard to even be optimistic on Mondays.

This Monday, however, I am grateful that I have a job where I get paid time off for vacation and sick days.  Why, you ask?  Because I got hit with something yesterday that I did not see coming.  I came down with a sore throat, body aches, and a fever out of NOWHERE and it rendered me pretty much useless and contagious in one foul swoop.  Due to not wanting to share this little gem, my doctor and I made the decision for me to stay home, and I am so glad that I am in a position to do that and my company still pays me.  That is such a blessing and so many people in this world do not receive this type of privilege (my wonderful husband included).

Today, I am grateful for my job and the awesome benefits that come with it!  {Prayers for wellness would be much appreciated!}

What are YOU grateful for on this Monday?
Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment