Saturday, November 9, 2013

With A Grateful Heart - Day 9

DAY 9

Today, I am grateful for my amazing family!  I am really one of the luckiest girls ever on that front!  My family is absolutely hysterical.

Have you ever heard the expression "My family tree is full of nuts?"

Whoever wrote that apparently knew us.

Today, in particular, I am grateful for my family because they do something that many families don't do anymore - they still meet to have reunions!
Photo Credit: Cousin Cindy Mae

My stepdad, Wirt, my mom, and my sister! Photo Credit: Cousin Cindy Mae

Today, we met at my cousins' house and had a fall family stew for my mom's side of the family!  It was a bit chilly and windy, but it was a BEAUTIFUL day!  Everyone brought a dessert (YUM!), and the stew was absolutely delicious!  It was awesome just getting to see everyone and hear about their lives and what they'd been up to!

Photo Credit: Cousin Cindy Mae

We even got to see one of my cousins who has been traveling A LOT in the past few years (like, seriously....Antarctica, and the like).  That was a huge surprise and so much fun!  It was great to meet new spouses of my cousins, and of course to see my grandma's siblings doing so well! 

Photo Credit: Cousin Cindy Mae
Seriously, are they not the CUTEST?!?!?!  My grandma is the first one in the top row if you start from the left!  They are a generation of great people who birthed generations of great people and I'm lucky enough to be one of them!  Today, I am grateful for my family!
Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment