Friday, November 8, 2013

With A Grateful Heart - Day 8

DAY 8

Today, I am grateful for the tiny little cat that is slowly but surely turning this dog-woman into a wee bit of a cat lady!

Little Cat Deeley is the spunkiest, most mischievous feline on the planet, but she can also be super loving when she wants to be.

My favorite times with her are first thing in the morning, when I go to get her from her room.  As soon as she hears the front door shut from me letting the pups out, she starts meowing very loudly as if to say, "Don't forget about me, mom!"

I open her door, and she comes out and is just 100% purrs - she wants all of my love and attention and she is just so incredibly happy to get it!

She is a pretty little thing, and I love her coloring and her bright blue eyes!  She's always on the lookout for adventures, and it's been funny to see her test her own limits as she's growing - how high can I jump, how fast can I run, how quietly can I stalk the dogs, will I ever catch my tail?

She is a love at night time too, although she is much more of a Daddy's girl than a Mommy's girl.  She loves to get right in Dusty's face at night and wants to purr and cuddle him.  He is not as open to that as I am, but she has made her choice - she'll pick annoying him over loving on me any night!  (It's only fair - I do have both the dogs at night).

I love the way she "talks" to bugs when she's chasing them! It doesn't even matter that they're outside our house - if she sees them through the window, it's game on!  She also is very aggressive with her affection.  For example, if she wants to be picked up and you're in the middle of doing something, she has absolutely no qualms about going Spiderman on you - she literally runs at you, jumps, and sticks to your pants with her claws and proceeds to climb up you until you love on her. Whether or not you end up bleeding is of little consequence to her - she doesn't have time to consider such trivial things when she's on the quest for attention.

She gets a little slap-happy most mornings and that typically results in me or MuChi in pain, but she always seems sorry.  :)  In fact, she absolutely LOVES MuChi and I think that's why she picks on him.  While she'll always choose him to tackle or jump on, she also chooses him to cuddle up with when she's tired.  So here's to our little purr-box, Little Cat Deeley!  We love you, babe, and we're glad you're in our family!
Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment